Published: 14 Mar, 2022
WordPress to Shopify migration is not an easy task. There are many aspects of a website migration that needs close attention; hence we are sharing a must guide that will make your job easier. Our top Shopify development services have got you covered completely.
Maybe you need a new UI/UX for your website and explore it with a new platform. But shifting your website to a new platform can affect your website’s data and rankings if not done appropriately.
The reason behind migrating from WordPress to Shopify or WooCommerce to Shopify can be plenty, but there is one common thing with everyone trying to migrate their website: fear of data loss!
Your website has many elements like content, blog articles, images, testimonials, subscriptions, users’ details, order histories, different links working in SEO campaigns, social media campaigns, and so much more. While transitioning if migration is not executed in a rightful manner, then there is a possibility of losing the data.
Now, we have created an ultimate WordPress to Shopify migration checklist guide that you must ensure while migrating from WordPress to Shopify, and this can help you in a smooth transition. These are a few essentials you must consider before you get down to move your website from WordPress to Shopify –
1. Create a data list: Make a list of the data you want to shift from your WordPress website to Shopify. You can migrate almost everything from your product list, content (blogs, images), user’s details, subscriptions, history of orders, testimonials, URLs, SEO keywords, etcetera but not theme as both the platforms use different languages to build the themes.
2. Choose your migration method: Use CSV files or copy paste data (the latter can be tiresome). You can also use a migration application to transfer the data.
3. Review and organize the data: Basically, go through the products data, order history, customer data, blogs, subscriptions, discounts, more and check if the data is in place.
4. Check and affirm the URLs: With the new platform, the address of your URLs have also changed, so make sure that the URLs are working and there are no dead links or broken links, and the links are taking you properly to the new address.
5. New sitemap: Migrating from WordPress to Shopify to a new address means you should reindex your site on Google. To make it easy for Google to know that you have a new address now, you should submit a new sitemap, as your old sitemap may not work and can be inaccurate.
A new sitemap will make Google crawl your site and index your pages, and make them show up on Google search. You can use an app to help you with new indexing, and such tools can help you retain your old ranking.
Now the most crucial part is that unlike WordPress in Shopify, you will have to buy a plan, and there are many other things to be sure of before you get started –
6. Sign up and choose for a Shopify Plan: Out of basic, Advanced, Shopify Lite and Shopify Plus, choose any Shopify plan as per your need and that will benefit you more in your eCommerce store; according to that, you must opt for an appropriate plan.
7. Additional sales channels: Shopify gives you additional sales channels to sell your products; hence you must choose your sales channels. Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, you can use these platforms to sell by just adding a buy button.
8. Choose and add payment providers: Apart from Shopify payments, you can accept payments via Mastercard, Visa, and many more. Shopify gives you hundreds of payment options to choose from. Add the appropriate payment methods.
9. Customized theme: In migrating your eCommerce site from WordPress to Shopify, you will need to hunt for a new, customized theme for your eCommerce website development that blends well with your business. You may not find the same theme as in WordPress but look for an appropriate theme as per the feel of your website.
10. Content: Export blog articles from your previous site or add a blog section
11. Finalize: Now go ahead and customize your website.
Migrating your website from WordPress to Shopify or any one platform to another can be a daunting task, and especially when you are an established business, you cannot afford to lose the rankings and essential data on your website, etc. Do check out the latest trends in e-Commerce stores as we have collated 51 concepts you must know as an eCommerce owner.
Our Shopify development services are handled by expert Shopify developers who transfer all your previous website’s data from WordPress to Shopify site skillfully and you get an all-new website ready without any headache.
So sit back and relax…
Let the professionals handle the website migration task for you!
Copyright © 2023 NetMaxims Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved