By: Taru M.
08 Mar, 2021
It’s 2021, and Android App Development is booming. As per Statista, Google Play Store had over 2.8 million Android applications accessible for download as of March 2017.
Meanwhile, there are far more Android phones available today than any other operating system, the demand for experienced Android app development services will rise for a long time to come.
However, today, android app developers can make applications more efficiently, owing to an abundance of sophisticated, integrated development environments and other efficient tools and applications.
But a couple of Android app advancement applications will repeatedly appear on every Android developer’s go-to list.
Table of Contents
1. Android Studio
4. AVD Manager
6. RAD Studio
8. Gamemaker: Studio
9. Unity 3D
1. Android Studio was created in 2013 and has risen to popularity ever since.
2. However, it is now one of the most preferred tools to build android apps by the Android developer’s community.
3. Moreover, its USPs include a free version of the software and also an easy drag-and-drop interface that simplifies the process of editing code, debugging, and testing.
1. Facebook launched Stetho in 2015.
2. However, it is a sophisticated debug bridge for Android applications.
3. Moreover, it features a network inspection function for image preview, JSON response helpers, and a website experience by making the allowed access to a Chrome Developer Tools feature native to the desktop browser.
1. Gradle is one of the few Android developer tools endorsed by Google, which appeared on the scene back in 2013.
2. However, it’s based on Apache Maven, and Apache Ant is the most preferred tool by Android developer’s developing scalable Android applications involving Java.
3. Moreover, it’s effortless to add external libraries using a single line of code when used in conjunction with Android developers studios.
1. AVD, short for Android Virtual Device, is a tool administered by Android Studio.
2. However, it enables Android developers to create emulations of every android device on a single computer.
3. Moreover, this eliminates the need for developers to use different screen size devices, resolution, etc., to test the application’s performance & responsiveness.
1. Vysor is another emulator solution that allows android app developers to mirror an Android device to a computer
2. Firstly, this will enable them to display and interact with the machine right from their keyboards.
3. Secondly, it is very affordable, compatible with all operating systems, and allows developers to screencast from your device.
1. Firstly, it is an integrated environment that contains a visual designer and code editor that lets you write, compile, package, and deploy cross-platform applications.
2. Secondly, it also offers support for a full-stack development lifecycle from a single code base that can be recompiled and redeployed.
1. Firebase is also provided by Google and is often referred to as BaaS.
2. Moreover, it essentially solves the app developer’s nightmare of building servers to perform tasks like authenticating users and synchronizing users’ data over various devices.
3. Although not completely free, Firebase’s freemium package includes a NoSQL database, file hosting, and static website hosting.
1. Specifically, for Android game app developers, Gamemaker: Studio is the most popular and go-to tool for creating game applications.
2. However, the main use of Gamemaker is to create 2D games.
3. Moreover, it enables developers to create games using minimal code apart from offering a user-friendly application with a simple drag-and-drop interface.
1. Indeed, Unity 3D is an advanced game development tool that helps android game app developers to build and design AR/VR powered games.
2. Moreover, its prime use is to create immersive 3D games with graphics-intensive visuals.
3. Unity provides custom game development tools, such as storytelling, next-level performance profiling and real-time rendering.
1. SourceTree is most important a cross-platform, free, open-source tool that allows you to manage Git repositories through its simple Git GUI.
2. Moreover, it will enable you to visualize changes, commits, branches without requiring you to write a single command line.
However, we hope this article helped you understand different android development tools available that you can leverage to create Android applications seamlessly.
And, if you are looking to hire android app developers, then these are some of the tools you can expect them to know.
Moreover, it is a rapidly evolving field, and there are lots of tools that make work easier. In addition, there are tons of other devices similar to the ones mentioned above available for Android development. The choice boils down to personal preferences and requirements at hand.
Leave a comment below and tell us which are your favourite android app development tools.
Copyright © 2022 Netmaxims Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved