Published: 10 Feb, 2022
Hybrid App development is comprehendible by bifurcating the words and understanding the importance of the word hybrid. Hybrid means a product developed by combining two different elements; hence the hybrid app is an application that combines the elements from both native apps and web apps.
When we put the web applications in a native app shell, they are known as hybrid apps in technical jargon. The hybrid app is written in the web technology used to write the hybrid app in the core.
1. What is hybrid app development?
2. What are its key features?
3. Drawbacks of Hybrid app development
3. How is Hybrid different from native and web apps?
The world is witnessing a mega revolution in mobile technology, and with that, the revenue of the Mobile app is speculated to make over $935 billion by 2023.
A recent study mentions that 74 per cent of the top 50 retail apps are built in the United States using hybrid apps. Hence, it is not true that small businesses prefer it. Still, established organisations are creating a benchmark in it, for example, by leveraging the hybrid mobile app development like Instagram, Uber, and Twitter.
The best thing about Hybrid app development is its framework, which mix data-driven and keyword-driven frameworks. In this type of framework, the developer stores the keywords in a separate java class file and maintains the test data in an excel file. This technique of hybrid framework of using two or more frameworks and using the best of both data-driven and keyword-driven framework makes it special.
1. Cost-effective: With the assistance of a set of libraries and multiple frameworks, the developers’ development process gets quicker and more cost-efficiently.
2. Faster development: The code reuse cuts the development time and fastens the development process for mobile app development.
3. Smooth integration with device applications: The app works smoothly with mobile device applications like camera, GPS, messaging and, creating a better user experience.
4. Easy maintenance: There will be more minor maintenance requirements than other iOS or Android apps and, therefore, affordable for small businesses.
5. Online & Offline: Apps made on Hybrid development can work both online and offline
6. Loads quickly: Hybrid apps are light and load easily even with qualitative HD graphics and content.
Now that you know the advantages, it is essential to look at its shortcomings.
There are certain shortcomings of hybrid web app development, too, like Lower performance, User Experience, Features, and Errors.
1. UX: Though the same code applies on all platforms making the work of the hybrid app developer easier and faster, the UX is not very remarkable, as the same UX cannot have better appeal on all platforms.
2. Features: Several new features in this software do not exist on some platforms.
3. Performance: These mobile apps load in web app view, thus having a low performance.
4. Errors: The possibility of errors is high in this development process.
So, let us dive in deeper to understand how these apps differ from the web and native apps.
1. Performance: Native app development tops the chart by being the high performer, while hybrid and web app development provides medium to high-level performance.
3. Usage: A Web app can be accessed via an internet browser, whereas a native app is specifically made for a platform and needs to be installed, whereas they work as a web app, but like a native, it requires installation.
4. Cross-platform support: Hybrid and web apps offer cross-platform support, which means the development team doesn’t have to make separate apps for separate platforms, whereas native lacks this support.
5. Reusing Code: The codes are written once and reused across all other platforms in hybrid app development and web app development, but it is not the case with native app development. One has to write all codes separately.
6. Development speed: Apps built on this framework are preferred because they are comparatively more accessible and faster in development.
7. Offline availability: They are available in offline mode also; hence if users can’t access the internet, they can still load the app and go through the data available offline.
For further, This article will look into Native, Hybrid, and Cross-Platform App Development in detail and give you an idea about which one will be the best fit for your business in 2022.
So, We can clearly and quickly conclude that hybrid app development will have more demand for mobile application development services, and they will stay in trend for a long.
Copyright © 2023 NetMaxims Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved