Published: 29 Mar, 2022
On-demand grocery delivery app development has seen a steep rise in recent years since the pandemic has impacted our lifestyle. While trying to be safe from the disease and locked up markets, the convenience of getting groceries delivered at home has led to more grocery stores selling online through grocery delivery apps.
Following the online trend and adapting to the need of the hour, even mid-sized individual grocery stores have also started utilizing the technology and digital economy to benefit. It is all about giving the right shopping experience to your customers.
Even when things are getting back to normal, people have got accustomed to online delivery; hence grocery mobile shopping is here to stay and grow more.
You may hire a mobile app developer or get connected to a leading mobile app development company that will guide you better and also provide you with the best designed on-demand grocery delivery app. But before that let us delve further and understand how a grocery mobile app will help you in your business and what does it need to get the mobile app developed for a grocery store.
Let us look at some statistics related to on-demand grocery mobile apps –
1. Current splurging shopping trends show that e-grocery sales are expected to reach around US$ 203290 million by 2027.
2. According to data from App stores, Walmart grocery app downloads have hit almost 54,000 app downloads daily, as per the reports published by TechCrunch.
Like any mobile app development service, a Grocery app development also requires customized mobile application development. A couple of things need serious consideration while building a grocery delivery app that stands out from the rest.
The grocery business is fast-moving, and keeping up with the latest trends and technologies is a must. The first thing is to identify the business model.
The On-demand grocery apps business model can be developed in three types –
1. Inventory model
2. Marketplace / multi-vendor model
3. Hyperlocal model
This model is where grocery stores directly supply orders to their customers from various providers.
1. Collect the orders from the customers
2. Deliver them through an internal or external supply network.
3. Orders are delivered to the consumers.
This model is mainly used for daily supplies – milk supply, vegetables, bakery (biscuits, bread, etc.). It is considered an expensive option because of warehouse setup, administration and transportation.
In this type of business model – marketplaces, grocery mobile apps or multi-vendor grocery mobile app
1. The Customer places the order, and the order is displayed on the portal
2. The grocery store will list all the stores that have availability of stock
3. The logistics pick up the product from the seller
4. The product gathered by logistics is then transported to the Customer’s address.
This is the most current buzzword in e-commerce, especially in on-demand grocery delivery apps. This model works on developing hyperlocal networks, offline grocery stores nearby and local service providers.
In this model –
1. The customer places an order on the app.
2. The grocery delivery app sends the order to the local grocery store – local shops
3. Delivery service picks up the order from the local shop/local grocery store.
4. The order is delivered to the Customer’s address.
Blinkit, which provides the best online grocery services, has become one of the leading grocery store delivery apps. It was previously known as Grofers. The USP of the mobile app is that it is also working on the Hyperlocal business model of grocery delivery app, and it does super-fast delivery.
After finalizing the business model of your online grocery delivery application, the second thing is to understand the essential elements that your grocery business app should have. Like any other mobile application, this app also needs to have some basic features.
The Essential Features Of On-Demand Grocery Delivery Application Are As Follows –
1. Customer login/sign in
2. Customers can browse the products
3. Add products to the cart
4. Move to checkout
5. Select the payment option
6. Add the details for delivery
7. Make the payment
8. Order gets confirmed, and the Customer is informed
9. The customer receives regular updates about the order status
10. The order is fetched and packed by logistics
11. The order is dispatched and leaves for the Customer’s location.
12. The order reaches the Customer’s address.
1. Catering To The Need: Your on-demand grocery mobile app should be able to fulfil the customers’ needs. When entering a competitive business, understanding the market needs is very important. If you can fill the gap, you will taste success for sure.
2. Scalable: Build a scalable grocery delivery app that can scale later as your business grows.
3. User Friendly: Evaluate the user journey and make it as simple as possible. Your grocery delivery app should be easily accessible to customers and delivery partners.
4. Unique: Work on your idea, fine-tune the business model with brainstorming sessions, and ensure your online grocery delivery app is different from your competition.
5. Local Demographics: Research, the population you will be catering to in the targeted location and the local interests.
6. Product Category: You can carry out research on which products to cater to. For example, other than grocery, whether to keep fruits and vegetables and or ready to eat packaged items included.
7. Payment Options: If you want to add cash on delivery option and any other payment methods, then you will have to get your app integrated for the same.,
8. Delivery: Choose your delivery partners based on the location you will be targeting to serve.
1. Understanding the Concept
2. Designing the UI/UX
3. Development of Mobile Grocery App
The grocery mobile app development is critical as it has different panels – the Admin panel (client), Customer’s panel, and Delivery partner’s panel. All these panels need to be designed separately, giving separate access to each user and defining their roles.
Different functionality and features to be added in the mobile grocery app as per the usage.
Whether you are developing an iOS app or Android app, or a grocery mobile app for both, the time and cost will increase and decrease accordingly. It is essential that you must build both versions for your on-demand grocery delivery application.
500 – 600 hours for Android app development
500 – 600 Ios app development
700 – 800 hours for Backend development
200 – 300 hours for UI Design
100-200 hours for UX design
400 – 500 hours for Testing
2500 – 2900 hours: Total Hours
Hiring a mobile app development company will cost you anywhere between $20,000 and $50,000.
Hiring developers from US regions means $50 to $250 per hour if you want to hire a mobile app developer. European developers charge around $30 to $150 per hour. Hiring mobile app developers from India can cost $10 to $60 per hour.
Whether you hire a developer or go for mobile app development services from an established organization, you must be able to build a foolproof grocery mobile app with a unique design and excellent features.
Hybrid app mobile development is in demand these days, explore here for effective ways to hire mobile app developers for hybrid app development.
In the end, ensure you have a transparent business model for your grocery store delivery. Also, building an on-demand grocery delivery mobile app can become complicated; hence you must choose a leading mobile app development company that can help you create exactly the right kind of grocery app as per your business needs.
We have a group of expert mobile app developers who have thought about the online grocery delivery app. Share with us, and we will share a free quotation right away.
Copyright © 2024 NetMaxims Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
All Rights Reserved